education

education
education

travels

travels
travels

books

books
books

Women in Bed by Jessica Keener

Women in Bed by Jessica Keener


Goodreads Rating: 3.4/5
My Rating: 2/5

Goodreads SynopsisJessica Keener returns with this collection of nine stories that thematically address variations of love – love of self, family, and sexual relationships – from loneliness and isolation, desperation and rejection – to need and passion, forgiveness and, finally, to love found.

My Review: I wanted to give Jessica Keener another chance.  This is the second book of hers that I have read.  I didn't enjoy the first.  And I think I liked this one less.  Unfortunately, I just can't get into her writing.  These nine short stories all had good premises and I was excited to read them.  However,  not a single one of them delivered, in my opinion.  Each story seemed like an undeveloped beginning to a novel.  It was impossible to connect with any of the characters, the stories each bounced around and were hard to follow, and none of the stories or characters were easy to remember at the end.  The only reason I gave this a 2 star rating over a 1 star is that I reserve one star ratings for books that I can't even finish.  

No comments

Thanks for commenting! I can't wait to hear from you!