education

education
education

travels

travels
travels

books

books
books

The London Sessions by Mary J. Blige | Album Review

**I participated in the Mary J. Blige "The London Sessions" album review program as a member of One2One Network.  I was provided a free album to review, but all opinions are my own.**

Mary J. Blige's newest album, The London Sessions, doesn't release in the United States until December 2, 2014, so I was honored to receive a chance to do an early release review of her songs.  I, honestly, don't typically listen to her music and I can't say that I've ever been a 'fan' of hers.  However, I wanted to give this album the same chance that I give to all the music I listen to.  And I'm so glad that I did!  I was loving listening to her music.  Strong lyrics and catchy tunes were all throughout the album!



This is Blige's thirteenth studio album.  That in itself proves that she is a superstar!  This is an interesting album, as Blige traveled across the Atlantic to work with some of the UK's top musical talent, including Disclosure, Eg White, Emile Sande, Jimmy Naples, Naughty Boy, Sam Romans and Sam Smith.  Mary J. Blige said about her album, "The songs are fun, therapeutic, and soulful.  This is a beautiful change for me and I'm proud of what we have done here."  The track listing is as follows:
1. Therapy
2. Doubt
3. Not Loving You
4. When You're Gone
5. Right Now
6. My Loving 
7. Long Hard Look
8. Whole Damn Year
9. Nobody But You
10. Pick Me Up
11. Follow
12. Worth My Time

One of my early favorites on the album was the track called Doubt.  I love her lyrics and message in this song.  
"You said I'd never be a leader.  
You said I'd never wear a crown.  
If I wanted to be someone, 
I should learn to settle down.  

I tell myself 
I warn myself.  
Don't know me that well.  

I made it to the end.
I nearly paid the cost.
I lost a lot of friends.
I've sacrificed a lot.
I'd do it all again,
'Cause I made it to the top
But I can't keep doubting myself anymore."

These lyrics are so powerful and strong.  I just keep singing them over and over in my head, even after the song changes!  Just listen to it yourself on December 2, and you'll see what I'm talking about!
Another favorite is Right Now.  There is such a fun beat to this song, I thought it would make perfect workout music.  And since I've been slacking in that department lately, I think new music would make me want to work out again.  This would be the perfect song for that!  Check out the video for Right Now below!


Basically, I loved all of the songs on her newest album, The London Sessions.  On December 2, make sure you check it out - you won't be sorry and it definitely won't be a waste of your time!  It's fabulous!
You can find The London Sessions on iTunes and Amazon by clicking on the respective links.

No comments

Thanks for commenting! I can't wait to hear from you!