education

education
education

travels

travels
travels

books

books
books

Holiday Wishes by Idina Menzel | Album Review

I participated in the Idina Menzel Holiday Wishes album review program as a member of One2One Network.  I was provided an album to review but all opinions are my own.



I'm a sucker for some good Christmas music.  In fact, I get frustrated when people complain about Christmas music being played before Thanksgiving...and decorating before Thanksgiving...I enjoy Thanksgiving just like the next person, however, I also want to be able to celebrate Christmas as long as I can, since it's such a special holiday!  And...I'm THAT person who listens to Christmas music ALL YEAR LONG!

All this to say - I was super excited to get the chance to review Idina Menzel's new album Holiday Wishes.  I first heard of Idina, who is a Tony Award Winning singer/actress, when she played Rachel Berry's mother in Glee, and of course, now she is the voice of the movie Frozen, by singing Let it Go.  However, she's been around long before that as a star on Broadway.  She's now back on Broadway, but took the time to put this album together, which is her fifth studio album.

The first thing that I noticed while listening to the album, was just how powerful her voice is.  This girl can sing!  I'm absolutely loving every single track on the album!  As much as I love traditional Christmas music, I also LOVE when new Christmas songs are written!  One of my absolute favorites on the album, which is also one of Menzel's favorites, is Joni Mitchell's song River.  This song is beautifully written and sung on Menzel's album.  Rather than being your traditional Christmas themed song, this song refers to a broken romantic relationship, which takes place during the holidays.  Just a beautiful song!

Of course, she also has traditional Christmas songs included on her album, like Do You Hear What I Hear, The Christmas Song, Baby It's Cold Outside (duet with Michael Buble), Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas, and many others.  

You can view the album trailer below, and then make sure to head to Amazon or iTunes to check it out!

No comments

Thanks for commenting! I can't wait to hear from you!