education

education
education

travels

travels
travels

books

books
books

Taming the Pencil Monster

So, I'm sure we all have the same issue in the classroom. Last year, I was constantly losing my pencils. They just magically walked out of my room. And with three classes and sixty students, there's no telling where the pencils were going!

This afternoon, I sat down and taped up the ends of some of my new pencils. This is for two purposes. One - they are pretty and match my classroom colors. And two - I'm hoping these will be easier to see and won't magically disappear!


How do you keep in control your pencils?  Have any tricks that I can try?

2 comments

  1. Sarah, I did this same thing last year, but I added another little twist. If a student wanted to borrow one of my pencils they had to give me something to keep for the class period as collateral. A lot of students chose to leave their snack or a notebook from another class. I had a special spot near my desk for the pencils and the collateral I was keeping! It worked like a charm. I kept the same 9 pencils for 9 weeks - a record for me!!
    Courtney
    Polka Dot Lesson Plans

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I can't wait to hear from you!