education

education
education

travels

travels
travels

books

books
books

Meet the Teacher Linky

-- So, I thought that I posted yesterday...I wrote the post on the Blogger App on my iPad.  But, I realized today that it never posted.  Well, great!  That's the last time I try and post from there! --

I'm a little late to the party, but today I'm linking up with Stephanie from Flying into First for her fun and fabulous linky party!  I've been enjoying reading all of these posts - and just found the time to write one up myself!



Hey everyone!  I'm Sarah and I'm a 25 year old teacher, blogger, former photographer, world traveler and book junkie!  I'm a fourth grade reading and language arts teacher!  This will be my fourth year teaching, and my third at my current school.  My first year, I was a long term sub the first semester, and was hired full time to finish the year.  That was in fifth grade.  The next year, I moved to my current district and was hired for fifth.  The year after that, I moved to my current position of fourth grade reading and language arts.  I.  Love.  It!


These are a few of my favorite things:
reading, traveling, photography, watching reruns of Friends and Gilmore Girls, jamming to The Backstreet Boys, Target and Staples, Chick-Fil-A and looking at Zac Efron.

Yep, that's me in 2 seconds!

If you weren't a teacher, what would you want to be?
I'd go back to photography.  I used to be a wedding and portrait photographer, but stopped when I got my current job.  I'd love to get back into it - I just can't find the time!  Besides that, I'd be a professional traveler (that's a thing, right?) or interior designer.

Three little words that describe you.
Quiet (unless you know me REALLY well), fun and caring.

Finish the sentence, "_____ said no teacher ever!!"
I love working with data, instead of spending time planning a meaningful lesson for my students!

It's your birthday and you can invite anyone (dead or alive) to the party.  Who would you invite?
Zac Efron wouldn't be a date.  And I'd love to hang out with Reese Witherspoon.  And I'd want The Pioneer Woman to cater this party!      

If someone wrote a book about your life, what would be the title?
Beyond the Gradebook (duh!).  But seriously, being a teacher is a huge part of me.  But, I'm so much more than that.  There's so much to know about me "beyond the gradebook!"

You get to pick one superpower.  What is it?
The ability to grow money on trees.  Is that a superpower?

What's your favorite quote or saying?
I often have a 'current favorite' quote, but my all time favorite is "It's kind of fun to do the impossible!" -Walt Disney.  Another favorite saying of mine, and my 'motto' for the year (which I'm going to teach to my students), is "If you are not willing to learn, no one can help you.  If you are determined to learn, nobody can stop you!"

If you had to sing one song on American Idol, what would it be?
Probably something by Carrie Underwood.  I love singing to her songs!

Are you a morning person, or a night owl?
Between the two,  I'd say a night owl.  But if you want an honest answer, I'd say I'm a late morning-early afternoon kind of person.

What's your favorite resource that you've created in your TpT shop?
My teacher planner.  I created it for my use - and then listed it.  But it's a complete (and cute) planner with all kinds of helpful information and pages!



Share something we might not know about you.
This is totally random - but I've never parallel parked before.  Never ever.

1 comment

  1. Sarah, I wish you lived near me! I am an AWESOME parallel parker. When I was in college in Albany, we didn't have a student lot at my dorms and had to do on street parking. I will totally teach you at our next blogger meet-up!

    Rachel
    Mrs O Knows

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I can't wait to hear from you!