education

education
education

travels

travels
travels

books

books
books

Coconut French Toast

In last week's Monday Made It post, I shared the coconut french toast that I had for breakfast.  Here's the backstory - and recipe - for this delicious dish.

When I make french toast, I always put a splash of vanilla extract into my egg/milk mixture.  When I reached into the spice drawer to get the vanilla, I instead pulled out coconut extract.  I figured that might be a good change, so I'd try out the vanilla instead of coconut.


Ingredients:
Bread (thick sliced bread is best, but I had to use up this bread)
Eggs
Milk
Coconut Extract
Coconut Flakes

I'm sure you've made french toast before, so you know the drill.  Whisk your eggs in the milk and put in a splash of coconut extract.  Dip your bread into the egg/milk/coconut extract mix and let it all soak in.  Put the bread on the griddle.  At this time, I sprinkled the bread with coconut flakes.  I love coconut, so I put a heavy sprinkling on the bread :)  Once I flipped the bread over, I added more coconut to the french toast.  Once the french toast is done, douse it in syrup and enjoy!


Pretty simple and very delicious!


1 comment

  1. Hi Sarah! Just wanted to let you know that I appreciate your blogging philosophy--a blog by a teacher who doesn't focus solely on teacher stuff. I LOVE being a teacher, but I think it's important to show that we're complex beings with a variety of interests & talents. The coconut french toast looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I can't wait to hear from you!