I read some pretty fantastic books this year. I surpassed my Goodreads reading goal that I set for the year, but still didn't read as much as I had hoped to read. Oh well, there's always 2014! Here's my stats from Goodreads (my favorite website!) on my reading from this year!
I read 28 books this year.
The longest book I read was The Forgotten Garden by Kate Morton (648 pages).
I read 8,054 pages total.
Eighteen of these authors are new to me authors. I love discovering new authors to read!
I read seven books that I gave a five-star rating - these were my absolute favorites of the year!
- Even Now by Karen Kingsbury
- Ever After by Karen Kingsbury
- Hannah's Hope by Karen Kingsbury
- The First Husband by Laura Dave
- Arranged by Catherine McKenzie
- The Bridge by Karen Kingsbury
- Uncharted by Tracy Garvis-Graves
I read twelve books that I gave a four-star rating - these were very good, but didn't make the top list!
- The Snow Bride by Debbie Macomber
- The Forgotten Garden by Kate Morton
- The Baby Planner by Josie Brown
- The Christmas Shoppe by Melody Carlson
- Three Girls and a Baby by Rachel Schurig
- Unexpected Gifts by Elena Aitken
- The Accidental Bride by Christina Skye
- The Teacher's Billionaire by Christina Tetreault
- Unwritten by Charles Martin
- The Best of Us by Sarah Pekkanen
- The Lightbearers by Nora M. Garcia
- Her Christmas Cruise by Mona Risk
I read six books that I gave a three-star rating - these books were okay.
- Santa Cruise by Mary Higgins Clark
- Cruel Summer by Alyson Noel
- The American Heiress by Daisy Goodwin
- The Wedding Party by Elizabeth Rose
- A Week at the Beach by Virginia Jewel
- Wedding Night by Sophie Kinsella
I read three books that I gave a two-star rating - I finished these books, but I didn't enjoy them.
- You've Been Warned by James Patterson
- 13 Little Blue Envelopes by Maureen Johnson
- Holiday in Your Heart by LeAnn Rimes
Thankfully, I did not read any books that I gave a one-star rating - these are books I absolutely did not like.
Here's hoping to a great year with lots of reading! What books did you read this year? What was your favorite book of the year?