- Rang in the New Year with some good friends following a quick day trip to Raleigh, NC.
- Started my weight loss journey by joining the YMCA.
- Turned 24! And my students celebrated by making cards and drawing pictures for me!
- Started running, using the Couch to 5K program - which did wonders for my weight loss!
- Visited Walt Disney World for the 13,452,054 time (ok, maybe that's a slight exaggeration. Kind of.) with my family for Spring Break.
- Saw Luke Bryan in concert.
- Spent a relaxing week at the beach in Nags Head, NC.
- Took a Gulf Coast road trip with my family.
- Saw the Backstreet Boys in concert. Best. Concert. Ever!
- School started! This was my room as of the first day of school. It, of course, has changed a lot since then!
- Went to my first Virginia Tech game of 2013! It poured...but we had a great time!
- I bought my first house!
- Attend my second Virginia Tech game the of season with friends! Amazing day!
November- Ran my second 5K - Run for the Chocolate - in Williamsburg.
- Started making some nice changes in the house!
- Got to decorate my first house for Christmas - and I put up 5 trees! This is definitely a highlight of the year :)
- Completed my yearly reading goal of 25 books read in 2013. In fact, I surpassed that goal with a total of 28 books!
And my biggest accomplishment of 2013? Losing 50 pounds! I've got 30 more to go to get to my goal weight...but I'm currently totally happy where I'm at! This photo below is a before/after, but it's not even my most recent photo..even though it does a great job of showing the transformation!!
How was your 2013? It's been a great year...and I'm so excited to see what 2014 brings!