education

education
education

travels

travels
travels

books

books
books

2016-2017 Classroom Tour

Welcome to the new school year!  Our first day of the school year is tomorrow!  I've been at school today finishing things up and getting ready for my kids to walk through the door tomorrow.  And I think I'm finally ready!  I've thought that I was finally ready about five times already, and then I find something else that I need to do.  But hopefully...this is it!

Here's a quick look at my classroom!  It's my favorite classroom I've ever had!  I just love all the fun colors.  I can already tell this is going to be one amazing year!


This year, I used many resources from Creative Teaching Press' Upcycle Style line of classroom decor.  And I just love every bit of it!


When you first walk in the room, you see my Science bulletin board, my turn in table, and my lightbox!  


This lightbox is totally unnecessary to have a great school year.  But I know it's going to add just a little extra fun in the classroom!  I can't wait for my students to read their morning messages on here!


Here's my announcements/jobs/lunch choice/attendance board.  The fun jobs are from Primary Polka Dots.


Here's a closer look at the jobs from Primary Polka Dots.



Here is my Word Wall (waiting for words) above my storage containers from Ikea.  What am I keeping in these?  Nothing at the moment!  But soon it will hold my manipulatives, center activities, and indoor recess games!  


My desk and "teacher area."  Behind my desk is my classroom calendar and birthday chart.




My classroom library.  The library is still a work in progress - I have a DonorsChoose project currently going on to add new books to the library, if you are interested in donating!  We'd be forever grateful to you for doing so!  But I added some fun this year with the polka dot chair from PBTeen.  It's a few years old, but has been in my house since I bought it.  I figured it deserved a spot right here!



A few of the front of my classroom.


Sorry for the blurry image.  But here's my Objective board.  I'll have more information on this coming soon!


Alphabet and classroom rules.  The iPod Alphabet is available in my TeachersPayTeachers shop, if you are interested!  It comes in many colors!  


Our carpet and individual book bins.  Students will keep notebooks, reading group book, and other resources in their book bins.


And that's my classroom for this year!  If you haven't started school year, have a great first day back!  If you have already returned to school, I hope your entire year is a fabulous year!


No comments

Thanks for commenting! I can't wait to hear from you!