education

education
education

travels

travels
travels

books

books
books

This Week & How I Decorate My Planner

Soooo...I had planned to share more about my Filofax planner, how I plan, how I decorate, and how it's all organized.  But, I've been totally slacking on the blog lately.  2015 goal - KEEP UP THE BLOG!  Today, I'm going to share one of the above items with you.

How I Decorate My Planner

I thought about doing a fun video, but decided to stick with pictures this time.  See the step-by-step photos on how I decorate my planner below.  When possible, items I have used are linked.


Before the I decorate for the week, I use sticky notes to add dates and information, which I'll transfer over once the decorating is complete.


Here's what I used to decorate this week.  My favorite Staedtler pens, VersaMagic DewDrop Inkpad, and the snowman washi tape - which was a sample I received from someone in a facebook group.  We haven't had any snow, but I'm channeling the snowmen in my planner this week!


There are multiple ways that I like to decorate with the tape, but this is one of my favorites.  I put the tape over the holes on page of the pages.  This way, the color and fun factor is added, plus the tape is reinforcing the holes.  Then I take my X-Acto knife and trim the tape at the ends of the paper.  The inserts I use are the undated week on two pages from SewMuchCrafting on Etsy.  Check out her shop.  She's fabulous!


I also use the Studio L2E List It clear stamp set for my to-do checklist.  


Place your chosen stamp on the stamping block, and ink it up.


Place the stamping block on your pages, exactly where you want the stamp to be.  I love these clear stamps, since you can see through them and know exactly where you are stamping!


And due to the nature of these stamps, you will need to clean them with a baby wipe as soon as you finish, to avoid dying the color of the stamp permanently.


Add stickers and embellishments to finish off your pages.  I typically add a quote to my NOTES section of the inserts.



Add your dates, events, and to-do lists into your planner...and voila!  You are done!  Simple, easy and fun!  I find that decorating my pages is very relaxing and and a great way to take a look ahead at the week to come!


A little up close view of my quote for this week.  Do you know where it's from?!  :)


And this is how I add events on the go.  I take my pens that I'm using for the week and put them in this super cute pouch, which I also bought from SewMuchCrafting.  I drop this in my purse, and can add color coded events on the go.  I always have 2 or 3 colors for the week.  I choose one for work/school, one for personal, and one for grad school.  My colors change every week, so I don't have standard color coding for the entire year, like some people do.  I like changing up the colors every week to match my decorating!  

And that's that!  Let me know if you have any questions!  I hope you enjoyed this step-by-step on how I decorate my planner.  Keep an eye out - I might try and make a video soon! ;)

No comments

Thanks for commenting! I can't wait to hear from you!