education

education
education

travels

travels
travels

books

books
books

Life's a Beach by Claire Cook



Goodreads Rating: 3.05/5
My Rating: 2/5

Goodreads Synopsis: Life's a bit of a beach these days for Ginger Walsh, who's single at forty-one and living back home in the family FROG (Finished Room Over Garage).  She's hoping for a more fulfilling life as a sea glass artist, but instead is babysitting her sister's kids and sharing overnights with Noah, her sexy artist boyfriend with commitment issues and a dog Ginger's cat isn't too crazy about.  Geri, her Blackberry-obsessed sister, is also nearly over the deep end about her pending fiftieth birthday (and might just drag Ginger with her).  Toss in a dumpster-picking father, a Kama Sutra T-shirt-wearing mother, a movie crew come to town with a very cute gaffer, an on-again-off-again glassblower boyfriend, plus a couple of Red Hat realtors, and hilarity ensues.  The perfect summer read, Life's a Beach is a warm, witty, and wise look at what it takes to move forward at any stage in life.

My Review: This was the first book I have read by Claire Cook, and I, unfortunately, wasn't impressed.  I've got a few other books of hers on my to-read list, so I hope those are better.  This book was just...eh...okay.  I read the book pretty fast, but it wasn't because I was enjoying it.  I actually had a hard time getting interested in the storyline and just tried to read fast to get through it.  I didn't find the characters to be very interesting and there was too much focus on glassblowing - of which I have no interest.  

No comments

Thanks for commenting! I can't wait to hear from you!