education

education
education

travels

travels
travels

books

books
books

How I Tackled The Pinterest Monster!

Pinterest takes up a lot of my time.  When I get home, I typically go straight to the site and see what goodies my friends have pinned.  I may never wear any outfits, cook any recipes, or make any crafts that I find on the site, but I still find joy in browsing the site and pinning up a storm.  Until the other day, my Pinterest boards were a mess.  I had a total of 80 boards and 2,864 pins on those boards.  They weren't organized well and it took forever to find anything.  I knew that a Pinterest-intervention was needed.  



Here's how it all went down.

- I sat down and took a good look at my current boards.  I analyzed what type of items I pin, what boards I was currently using, and which boards were way too big to see where I could separate items.

- I wrote down a (rather long) list of new boards that I wanted to have on my page.



- I categorized the boards in order to find pins easier.

- I deleted boards I no longer had interested in keeping on my Pinterest page and moved a few pins to other boards.

- I renamed my Pinterest boards with a category name and a subcategory name.

- I rearranged my boards so they were in alphabetical order.  This, my friends, has been a life changer.  It's always taken me FOREVER to find my boards because they always seemed to be in a random order.  Not any more!

Here's what my current boards look like now.  The category is in bold print, and the subcategory follows.  The three biggest categories that I have is school, decor, and food.  



This whole process took me about two hours to complete.  Two hours wasted?  Absolutely not!  This was a needed change and I'm enjoying Pinterest so much more now!  I didn't even realize that would be possible, but it is!  My biggest change was my recipes board.  That's where I realized I had a problem before.  I had 414 pins in my recipes board.  414!!!  How can one find anything in that.  I would be looking for a dessert recipe and only find soup recipes.  Disaster!  

And there were so many recipes in there, a lot that required a bunch of ingredients, and I felt like I wasn't going to make any of them.  So, I went through and repinned the ten or so recipes that I actually knew I wanted to try eventually.  And then I did the unthinkable.  I DELTED my ENTIRE recipes pinterest board so that I could START OVER!  That's right, folks!  I created the following boards to start with (and I'll add in boards when necessary) and I'm starting my recipes search over again!  

- FOOD - Main Dish
- FOOD - Pasta
- FOOD - Sandwiches
- FOOD - Desserts
- FOOD - Soup

Oh, want to know how to reorganize your Pinterest boards?  Sure you do!  It's pretty simple.  I wasn't sure how to do it, or if it was even possible, so I googled it.  It's a simple click and drag.  Just click on the board you want to move, and drag it to the location that you want it in!  See, told you it was simple!

So, what is your Pinterest story?  How many boards do you have?  And while we are on the topic of Pinterest, click here to see my boards and follow along!

No comments

Thanks for commenting! I can't wait to hear from you!