education

education
education

travels

travels
travels

books

books
books

Happy Early Birthday To Me: My Filofax Story


My birthday isn't until the end of February, but I just had to get myself an early birthday present!  Here's how it all started.  I've been following Toni at A Bowl Full of Lemons for a while now.  She is a collector of Filofaxes (who even knew people COLLECTED these!?) and she has a gorgeous collection!  After reading multiple posts of hers, and then finding the 'search' button on instagram...and reading everyone else's posts about their Filofaxes, I fell in love!  I'll admit...I did buy another calendar for this year....but I already wasn't feeling it.  It was larger, had a large spiral binding on it, and just won't fit in my purse easily.  And what good is a planner that can't fit well in your purse?  So, that original calendar is going to be used solely for school/lesson planning purposes now.  I couldn't let it go to waste!  I did some research on which Filofax would work best for me and settled on the personal sized.  And of course, purple was a no brainer!  I love the Malden planners, but they were a little too pricey for me!  So, I did some searching on Amazon and found the Original in Patent Purple!  SOLD!  (And I had a credit on my account at Amazon, which made it even cheaper! Score!)


It's going to take just a little while to get totally moved into and organized in the new planner.  But, it's already been a fun journey!  I purchased the calendar printables from The Polka Dot Posie on Etsy, had them printed and punched and they are now nicely filling my planner!  AHHH!  I love it!  I mean, how can you not want any of this lovely-ness in your purse everywhere you go!?








I'm still waiting on a few items.  Some of these have been ordered already, some I'm in the process of getting.  For example, dividers, a pouch for supplies, etc.

In trying to decide exactly which planner would work best for me, I watched plenty of videos people posted on YouTube showing their organization.  I'm only using a few sections in my planner.  I don't want to overload it.  I want it to hold just the basics that I'll need!  It's working great so far!

I have three sections in my planner.  Lists, Month on Two Pages, and Week on Two Pages.

Lists: This section includes a books read page (that I'm using to track the books that I read for the year), a blog post idea page (that I'll use to jot down notes for any blog post ideas), and some blank pages for random note taking.




Month on Two Pages: This section is blank right now.  I haven't put anything on those pages yet.  The majority of the 'meat' of the planner will be in the week on two pages section.  I'm going to use the monthly calendar to track my weight loss progress, events that cover more than one day (vacations, spring break, etc) and just to note that I have something on my weekly pages for that day, I'll probably just put a colored dot on the day.  If I need to check what is planned for that day, I'll go to the week on two pages section.


Week on Two Pages: This section is what I'll use the most.  Everything I have planned will go on these pages.  I've color coded everything to make it easier to take a quick glance and see what's going on.  I'll let the photos do the talking!  And, how cute are these pages?  The Polka Dot Posie really has outdone herself!!  Wonderful pages...and they make planning so fun!





Do you use a filofax or other planner?  How do you plan out your weeks?

3 comments

  1. You say you had the insert printed. Did you take the file to a shop and have it done? If so, where and how much? I love her products but I'm not sure I want to pay a lot for printing or use up a lot of ink at home. TY

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE IT!!! I have a personal malden... But have been lusting after that original truth be told.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I can't wait to hear from you!