education

education
education

travels

travels
travels

books

books
books

Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn

Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn



My Rating: 5/5
Goodreads Rating: 3.93/5

Goodreads Synopsis: On a warm summer morning in North Carthage, Missouri, it is Nick and Amy Dunne's fifth wedding anniversary.  Presents are being wrapped and reservations are being made when Nick's clever and beautiful wife disappears from their rented McMansion on the Mississippi River.  Husband-of-the-Year Nick isn't doing himself any favors with cringe-wroth daydreams about the slope and shape of his wife's head, but passages from Amy's diary reveal the alpha-girl perfectionist could have put anyone dangerously on edge.  Under mounting pressure from the police and the media -- as well as Amy's fiercely doting parents -- the town golden boy parades an endless sweries of lies, deceits, and inappropriate behavior.  Nick is oddly evasive, and he's definitely bitter -- but is he really a killer?  As the cops close in, every couple in town is soon wondering how well they know the one that they love.  With his twin sister, Margo, at his side, Nick stands by his innocence.  Trouble is, if Nick didn't do it, where is that beautiful wife?  And what was in that silvery gift box hidden in the back of the bedroom closet?

My Review: What a great story!  This is one that keeps you in suspense and keeps you guessing what is going to happen next.  Every single time that I thought I knew what was going to happen, the plot changed and you discovered something knew, which made you rethink everything.  I love that the story was written with chapters alternating between the husband's point of view (present day) and the wife's point of view (old entires from her diary).  This formula created a unique complexity to the story.  I started reading this story a year ago and could get more than a few chapters in.  I wasn't sure if it was because I just couldn't get into the story, or if it just wasn't the right time to read the book.  I have just found that it certainly wasn't the right time to read.  Now was the right time.  I chose this book as my first read of 2014 and I'm so glad!!  I definitely recommend this story to anyone looking for a good book to read!

And a total bonus: Gone Girl is being made into a movie as we speak with an October 3, 2014 release!  It's going to be amazing!


No comments

Thanks for commenting! I can't wait to hear from you!