education

education
education

travels

travels
travels

books

books
books

Classroom Sneak Peek | Five for Friday


It's been pretty quiet over here on the blog.  Between vacations, starting and preparing for a new teaching job, and the launch of the Virginia is for Teachers blog...I've not had enough time to devote over here.  But that is all changing soon!  For now, here is a little sneak peek of my room.  It's not yet done...but it's very close!  Below are five of my favorite things about the classroom...right now!




Look very closely underneath the promethean board...see those book boxes?!  I'm so excited to have individual student book boxes this year.  I don't know what they will keep in them, or how I'll use them.  But I'm excited, nonetheless!!



Check out that cute magnetic border that is on the whiteboard!  It's a super fun, super cute, and super easy way to 'dress up your boards!'



In terms of books, my library is a work in progress right now.  But the library got super comfy this year!  



These letters are causing problems...they won't stick to the magnets.  But these iPod alphabet charts are my favorite!


And just for fun...here is where the room started!  Stay tuned to the final reveal soon!



7 comments

  1. I really like the alphabet iPod letters too! And your library color scheme is my favorite - I love the pillow cases! Good luck getting the rest of your room ready! I don't even know when I'm allowed in my room yet students start September 3. I'm just slightly freaking out .. no worries. lol.

    Jenn
    Take Me To Third Grade

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Sarah. I have an idea for your {VERY CUTE!} individual book boxes. Not sure if you already do this, but what if you have your students choose the books they wish to read for the day when they first come in in the mornings, put them in their own individual book box there on the floor. Then during their silent reading time or when they are finished with their work they can just go to their own box to get their books which they have already chosen. It will eliminate distractions and save space at the same time. Just a thought. Not very original, but maybe something you can consider.
    Lori
    Your Teacher Assistant

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those book boxes are the best! I have had a set of green ones for almost 3 years and they are still going strong!

    Marcy
    Searching for Teacher Balance

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the iPad alphabet, it is super cute! The books will come. The kiddos are going to love having a comfy reading area. Congrats on the new job! Wishing you all the best!
    Ashley

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's very comfortable to read in this library. If I was a student, I would stay here for sleeping.

    Helen@TEFL courses online

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I can't wait to hear from you!