education

education
education

travels

travels
travels

books

books
books

Skipping a Beat by Sarah Pekkanen



Goodreads Rating: 3.73/5
My Rating: 4/5


Let me start off by saying that I almost rated this book a five out of five stars.  The only reason I didn't, was because I found the beginning to be kind of slow and I almost put the book down once or twice.  I'm so glad that I didn't, however!  This turned out to be a fabulous read and I'm so happy that I stuck with it to the end!

The story starts off with a couple (Julia and Michael) who were high school sweethearts.  They started at the 'bottom of society' and worked their way up to living a fabulous world that only the rich and famous enjoy, thanks to his multi-million dollar idea.  Soon, Michael suffers a heart attack and a near death experience...and it changes his life in many ways.  He has a new outlook on life...and it's one that his wife isn't to happy about.  This story is an emotional journey to the very end of the book.

Sarah Pekkanen did a fabulous job of weaving scandal and secrets throughout the story.  It's definitely a must read that you need to add to your bookshelf!





No comments

Thanks for commenting! I can't wait to hear from you!