education

education
education

travels

travels
travels

books

books
books

Mary Lambert - Heart On My Sleeve

I participated in the Mary Lambert Heart On My Sleeve album review program as a member of One2One Network.  I was provided a free album to review but all opinions are my own.


Mary Lambert is a girl who knows who she is.  And she's ready to introduce herself to the world.  It's obvious by the album title, that she's putting her 'heart on her sleeve' and pouring out her soul in these songs.  You may have heard her on Macklemore and Ryan Lewis' hit "Same Love."  As a former waitress and bartender who struggled both financially and personally, Mary Lambert is finally getting a chance to open up and share her thoughts, struggles and quirky personality with the world.

"Having an actual platform made me think about my motivations and what I want to put out into the world," Lambert says about creating the songs that appear on her debut full-length album, Heart On My Sleeve.  "So I made a list of goals."  These goals were to: 1. Have fun.  2. Create something catchy.  3. Create something that positively impacts the world.  4. Stay true to yourself.  5. Make money.  "I wanted to write a pop album that had profound emotional depth and interesting language, while being accessible and catchy," she explains.  "I wanted the songs to be poignant and raw, but I want to hear them on the radio.  I like to describe Heart On My Sleeve as a pop album with a conscience."

As Mary herself stated, these songs are all about "self-empowerment and challenging beauty standards."  Even though not everyone will agree with her choices, or understand what she is going through, you've got to give her props for putting her "heart on her sleeve" and sharing her true self with the world.  I love that she wrote these songs from her experiences and they are real life stories. 

While all of the songs on the album are fun and powerful, I especially enjoyed listening to Secrets, Chasing the Moon, and Heart on my Sleeve.  With powerful lyrics, catchy tunes, and a unique voice, Mary Lambert is one artist that you don't want to miss!  


To learn more about Mary Lambert and her new album, click on the following links:

If you are interested in hearing more, you can download the album today on iTunes or Amazon.

No comments

Thanks for commenting! I can't wait to hear from you!