education

education
education

travels

travels
travels

books

books
books

Let's Talk Gold | A New Blog Design

If you're a returning visitor to Beyond the Gradebook, you probably noticed my new blog design soon after you arrived on the site.  And you might remember when I (just recently) designed my own blog design with bold patterns and bright colors.  And I promised that it was going to stay around for a while.  Well, time went on and I wasn't loving it more and more every day.  After doing some thinking, taking a blogging hiatus, and going through some of my favorite blogs, one of the things that I realized a lot of them had in common, and something that I loved about them all, was the minimalistic designs they had.  I knew that's the way I needed to go.  All the colors and patterns that I had on my design were too busy.  I just couldn't design what I was dreaming of having.

And then I re-discovered Designer Blogs.  A million blog designs ago, I had a pre made template from Designer Blogs.  It was super cute (and affordable), but it was green.  I chose it because I loved the design/patterns that the theme had, but it wasn't purple, so you can guess that it didn't stay around long.  And then I went though so many other designs, which I'm convinced were just small steps on the road to this design.

Upon my return to the Designer Blogs website, I realized that they had some GORGEOUS new themes and designs released recently.  I clicked on so many designs that I wanted, I was making a wish list that I figured I would take some time to think about and choose the right one for me.  And then I saw this design.  And I knew it was the one.

Anna, at Designer Blogs, put my theme together and made it all pretty.  And I'm in love with it!  Of course, the purple was one of the reasons I was drawn to this design, but so was the gold.  I used to HATE gold.  I refused to wear gold jewelry.  I still prefer silver over gold, but I'll wear gold here and there!  And lately, I've been doing a lot of decorating with gold.  So, I thought it a good idea to have gold represented in my blog.  And I love the way that this design seamlessly mixes the purple and gold together.

I still have a few more things on my "blog wish list" in terms of add ons.  But, I am LOVING this design!  Don't you!?  If you are in need of a new blog design, or even if you aren't...you MUST check out Designer Blogs.  They have a little something for everyone.  (And don't forget to mention my name when you checkout!!)

No comments

Thanks for commenting! I can't wait to hear from you!