education

education
education

travels

travels
travels

books

books
books

Five for Friday

It's Friday again, so it's time for some bloggy goodness and link up with Doodle Bugs Teaching!



Holy cow!  I can't believe that it's August already!  This summer went so fast!  But I'm definitely not counting it as over - I don't go back until the 21st, so I've still got some time!  I'll be at the beach next week, soaking up the last bit of sun for Summer 2014!  The one thing, however, that I hate about summer the most is the dishes.  I absolutely love to cook and I love that I actually have time to cook in the summer.  But, we all know that cooking typically requires lots of dishes.  And since I hate doing the dishes - and the fact that I don't have a dishwasher - means that I'm constantly debating whether or not to do dishes on any particular day...and since I've been in serious 7th Heaven marathon mode, it's pretty much been a no on the dishwashing!! ;)


I love to read.  At the beginning of the year, I set a goal on Goodreads to read 50 books this year.  Some summers, I read nonstop and can't get enough books.  This summer, I've read two books.  Seriously.  Goodreads says that I'm seven (yes, SEVEN) books behind schedule for my goal.  This must change!  Next week at the beach, I'm planning on doing some serious reading to catch up a little bit!  I'm currently reading The Other Woman by Hank Phillippi Ryan.  I'll hopefully be finishing this up today (I'm about 85% finished) and once I'm done, I'll post a review here on the blog!  Look for that next week!




I spent some time this week making some items for my classroom.  I had a huge list of things I wanted to make, do and purchase for my classroom...and I think I've only done like three of the things on the list.  Total summer fail!  I hope this doesn't mean that I won't be ready when it's time to go back to school.  Oh well!  One of the things that I made is this ABC chart.  I teach fourth grade and I've never put up an alphabet chart.  Oops!  I guess I kind of always figured that they knew the ABC's by this point.  However, I realized this past year that my students didn't know cursive, so I figured now was the best time to make sure the ABC's were up in the classroom, in cursive.  And because I'm broke (and cheap) I didn't want to pay for an alphabet chart, so I made my own! 

And I've posted it to TeachersPayTeachers!  Aren't they cute!  They are on iPods and will go great with my technology theme - and my blue, green, and purple color scheme! 




Click here for just the cursive. (This is in the process of being uploaded!)

Click here for just the print. (This is in the process of being uploaded!)


I'm so thankful for good (teacher) friends!  I enjoyed a nice cookout-in (since it rained!) with six other teachers from across the county and it was so nice to just hang out and chat...even if we mostly chatted about school!  And yes, I did volunteer to bring watermelon to this cookout.  This is only so I can use my cute watermelon knife!  




Gahhhh!  I'm drawing a blank for number 5...so I'm just going to use this space to wish everyone a Happy Back to School!  

1 comment

  1. My Goodreads goal is much more modest than yours (only 24, two per month!) because I just got back into reading for pleasure. I'm a few books ahead of schedule, but I probably won't keep up the pace during the school year. Can't wait to read your book review-- always looking for books to add to my to-read list! =)

    Meg
    Third Grade in the First State

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I can't wait to hear from you!