Lately, I've been all about the reading and book challenges! I'm participating in Megan's 2014 Summer Book Challenge (and doing an awesome job so far!!) and recently she just announced another fun challenge! I knew that I had to join in! This challenge is co-hosted by Keeping Up With Kelsey and Semi-Charmed Kind of Life! The goal of this fun challenge is to read one book set in each state! And, since it can be hard to complete this, they've decided to allow you to add books that you have read since 2012! This will also be fun to go back in the archives and refresh my memory on some books I've previously read!
Here are the rules:
- Please be courteous and follow the hosts Keeping Up With Kelsey & Semi-Charmed Kind of Life
- Check out others who are linking up, make sure to encourage them and even give them some book ideas!
- We'll make this a bi-monthly link-up to check in and see how you're doing.
- We will link up the 15th of every other month and will of course give you guys a few days heads up to join in on the fun as a reminder.
- Each book must be at least 200 pages long. Audio books are fine, as long as the print versions meet the page requirements. Large-print books are also acceptable, as long as the regular-print version exceeds 200 pages in length.
- Our goal end date is 5/15/15 but we'll check when the date comes closer to see how everyone is doing and if we need to extend the deadline.
Below is my preliminary list for this challenge. I'll be updating this list along the way!
Illinois: Divergent by Veronica Roth (Chicago, Illinois) Read 4/25/14
Massachusetts: Night Swim by Jessica Keener (Boston, Massachusetts) Read 1/29/14
Missouri: Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn (Carthage, Missouri) Read 1/12/14
New York: A Place at the Table by Susan Rebecca White (Manhattan, New York) Read 3/3/14
South Dakota: The Personal History of Rachel DuPree by Ann Weisgarber (Badlands, South Dakota) Read 5/11/14
Tennessee: The Bridge by Karen Kingsbury (Franklin, Tennessee) Read 12/7/13
Vermont: From This Day by Nora Roberts (Vermont) Read 5/4/14
Washington: Fifty Shades of Grey by E.L. James (Washington) Read 1/25/14