education

education
education

travels

travels
travels

books

books
books

2014 Goals


I don't like to make resolutions for the new year. There's just something about that word that makes people not complete the resolutions they've set. I typically fail (miserably) at the New Years resolutions I set. So, this year, I'm setting some goals for 2014. I feel that goals are something you strive to complete, while resolutions are made to be broken. 

Hit the gym more and lose 30 pounds. 
2013 was the beginning of my weight loss journey. At the beginning of the year, I weighed 226 and I lost about 50 pounds this year. But, I actually haven't been to the gym in a while. So, I'm setting a goal to get back to the gym more, to lose 30 pounds, and get down to my goal weight of somewhere around the 140s.

Run 250 miles.
Last year, I ran two 5Ks.  This year, I'm hoping to run one or two more.  And I want to improve my time during both of these races.  Therefore, I need to step up my running training and I'm setting a goal to run 250 miles by the end of the year.  I will hopefully exceed this goal, but I'm setting it smaller just because I don't really know what to expect from this goal.

Read more. 
It's seriously no secret that I love to read. And reading has only become more fun since I've discovered the wonderfulness that is Goodreads.com. It's never been more fun to track the books I've read and find new books for my to-read list. Goodreads allows you to set a reading goal each year. For 2013, I set a goal of 25 books. I beat that goal, by reading 28 books this year (more on these books later on). Next year, I'm aiming to totally surpass this year, with a goal of 40 books. I'm also completing in three different book challenges this year - which I hope will help me stick to my new goal.

Act smarter with my spending and save more.
I went a little crazy when I bought my house and totally decorated the inside.  Now that it's pretty much done inside, I need to focus on enjoying the house and curb my spending habits.

Make 2014 the best year yet.
Yes, how vague.  Yes, it can't easily be measured.  But, it's my goal.  Every year seems to get better and better, so I'm expecting nothing less than last year!

That's it.  Five simple goals for the new year.  Did you set any goals or resolutions for the new year?


Photobucket

1 comment

  1. All the best with your plans for the New Year. I love your house, its gorgeous, saw a picture of it on one of your other posts.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I can't wait to hear from you!