education

education
education

travels

travels
travels

books

books
books

May Goals Recap

Well, the month of May is officially over.  And really, it's been over for a while! I had planned to write this post on June 1, but you know how things go!  Hopefully, within the next two weeks, I'll have much more time to devote to the blog!  I've got some good things in store for the blog - an overhaul of my posts, so to speak.  Until then, here's a quick recap on my goals for the month of May.  Ready to see how I did?!

Lose 10 Pounds - Well, I did lose weight this month.  Not as much as the 10 that I had hoped for, but I'm not complaining.  I'm so happy about where I'm headed on this weight loss journey, that, even though ten pounds was the goal, the 7 pounds that I lost this month is a winner in my book!

Finish the book I'm reading - and read another - I did in fact complete this goal!  I finished reading Arranged by Catherine McKenzie (which I loved!) and read Cruel Summer by Alyson Noel (which was a great summer read!)  In fact, I read Cruel Summer in it's entirety in ONE day, five hours to be exact!  That crossed another goal off my 101 Goals in 1001 Days list, which I'll blog about one day soon!

Create a monthly budget - waaay overdue - Failed!  It's on the list for June!

Survive the start of SOL tests - Well, we survived the start, and now that June has started, we've also survived the finish of these tests!  Oh boy - I don't like SOL testing!!

Continue to run and train for the 5K in June - Done and done.  I didn't run like I had been running, due to the busyness at work.  However, I did continue running and training, and as of today, the 5K is in less than a week.  How did that happen!?

Enjoy the outdoors more - Now that the weather is nice (well, it's actually skipped ahead to being extremely hot, but that's beside the point), I have been enjoying the outdoors much more than I had been.  I really have my hammocks to thank for this goal!  It's been so nice to go outside on a nice day, lay in the hammock and read a book.  Yep - this is what my summer is going to look like!

I think I did pretty good for my first month of goals!  Here's hoping that June is just as successful!  Do you set monthly goals?  How did you do during the month of May?

Photobucket

No comments

Thanks for commenting! I can't wait to hear from you!